We Provide Personalized Estate Planning Services in San Antonio and Throughout South Central Texas
It’s human nature to plan for some things and avoid planning for others. People plan family gatherings, they plan trips out of town, they plan what to have for dinner. But it’s not uncommon for people to put off planning the specifics of what will happen to everything they’ve worked so hard for once they are gone.
While estate planning isn’t one of those things you look forward to doing, it is one of the most important steps people can take to make sure their final property and healthcare wishes are honored. It also helps ensure that loved ones are provided for in their absence. Putting off estate planning until tomorrow is a risk.
At Weisinger Law Firm, PLLC, our San Antonio estate planning lawyers are dedicated to helping people find peace and security through planning. We will take the time to listen to your story, understand your objective, and devise a plan that truly works for you and your loved ones. For a free, strictly private initial consultation, please do not hesitate to call us today.
We Provide Comprehensive Estate Planning Services
Our mission is to serve Texas families with integrity, consistency, and excellence. With experience providing the full range of estate planning services, we are here to help put together the legal structure to best protect yourself, your family, and your assets. Estate planning is personal. It is about achieving your goals and protecting what matters most to you. Among other things, our San Antonio estate planning team can assist you with:
- Wills: A will is a core estate planning document. Every adult in Texas should have a legally accepted last will and testament. A well-prepared will can save your family and loved ones a tremendous amount of confusion and frustration. Our Texas estate planning team can help you draft a will that effectively achieves your objectives.
- Trusts: Even with a will in place, you may also want to set up a trust. Trusts are estate planning vehicles that can be an efficient way to transfer property/assets. At Weisinger Law Firm, PLLC, our San Antonio estate planning lawyers have the knowledge and focus to help clients set up the full range of trusts.
- Probate: Probate is the legal process through which a person’s will (or lack of will) is confirmed and their assets are transferred to the right beneficiaries. Our Texas estate planning lawyers can help you prepare for probate, navigate the process, and represent you should a dispute arise.
- Powers of Attorney: A comprehensive estate plan does more than simply protect your property. It also protects you should you become injured, ill, or otherwise incapacitated. Our San Antonio estate planning lawyers can help you set up a durable power of attorney, medical power of attorney, and advance health care directives.
- Guardianships: A guardianship is a legal status whereby a capable adult becomes responsible for handling the affairs of a vulnerable or incapacitated person. We have experience handling a wide range of guardianship matters. If you have concerns about legal guardianships, whether for an adult or a child, our San Antonio, TX estate planning attorneys are available to help.
- Special Needs Planning: Special needs individuals require specialized consideration in estate planning. Unfortunately, leaving property/assets directly to a loved one with special needs could undermine their eligibility for certain government programs, including Medicaid and Social Security. Please know that there are estate planning options available. Our San Antonio estate planning attorneys can assist you in setting up a Special Needs Trust (SNT) so that you are still able to offer support for a vulnerable loved one as part of your estate plan.
Estate Planning is For Everyone
Contrary to popular belief, estate planning isn’t only for the wealthy. Middle-class families also need to have a plan in place in the event that something happens to the family’s breadwinner (or breadwinners). Without a plan in place there could be a long-lasting impact on your loved ones, even if you don’t have an expensive home, investments or real estate.
Understanding the estate planning options that are right for you can be a complex undertaking. The professionals at Weisinger Law Firm are ready to help you identify your estate planning needs, recognize potential solutions, and assist you at every step of the estate planning process.
what you have in mind
Even if your estate consists only of a few shares of stock, or your grandmother’s wedding ring, if you don’t decide who is going to get it when you pass away, you won’t have any control over what happens to it. A major part of estate planning is designating which heirs will receive your assets. Without an estate plan, a judge can decide who gets what, and this process can take years and get very messy. A court doesn’t know which of your family members have been responsible and which ones shouldn’t have free access to cash. Additionally, without an estate plan in place, surviving spouse or children may not get everything.
What if the unthinkable happens and you pass away while your children are still small? What will happen to them? Choosing a guardian for your children is an extraordinarily important step in ensuring that they are taken care of how, and by whom, you choose. Without this guardian designation, a judge will be the one who makes the incredibly important decision of who will raise your children.
One of the more important aspects of estate planning is transferring assets to heirs while keeping the tax burden as small as possible, and protecting your loved ones from big tax hits. Even with just a little bit of estate planning, couples can reduce much or even all of their federal and state taxes. But without a plan, the amount that your heirs will owe Uncle Sam could be quite a lot.
It’s tragic, but sometimes siblings don’t get along after the death of a parent. Some siblings may think they deserve a larger share of the estate than the others, or that they should be in charge of the finances even though they’ve never been particularly responsible with money. Unfortunately, these situations can get ugly, with families warring against each other. But an estate plan helps to alleviate much of this infighting and gives you, as the benefactor, the opportunity to specify the role you want each person to play once you are no longer able to do so.
You Can Rely on Weisinger Law Firm for Estate Planning Guidance
Estate planning can feel complicated and overwhelming—especially if you are just getting started, At Weisinger Law Firm, PLLC, we are here to help guide you through the process—with a focus on securing your future. When you reach out to our office, you will speak to a San Antonio estate planning lawyer who can:
- Listen to your story and understand your needs;
- Answer your questions and explain your options; and
- Devise a personalized estate plan focused on protecting you and your family.
It is never too early or too late to put together a comprehensive estate plan. We can help you craft the plan that preserves your interests, protects your families, and most effectively carries out your wishes. Should life change, our San Antonio estate can easily help you make the proper revisions. If you have any questions about estate planning, we are more than happy to provide guidance and support.
Call Our San Antonio, TX Estate Planning Attorneys Today
At Weisinger Law Firm, PLLC, our Texas estate planning lawyers are experienced, reliable advocates for people and families. We are here to help you find peace, security, and support through personalized planning. Contact us today for a free, confidential initial consultation. From our office in Selma, we offer estate planning services throughout the region, including in San Antonio, New Braunfels, Garden Ridge, Shavano Park, Terrell Hills, Hollywood Park, Alamo Heights, Schertz, Cibolo Estate, and Windcrest.